The Holy Book revealed over a period of 23 years to the beloved Prophet (PBUH) of Allah assuredly is the path of guidance to those who will be the righteous ones.
Before penning certain facts about the Holy Quran, it is to be known that the knowledge granted by the Quran and explained by the Prophet (PBUH) is far greater than our understandings. Shortly the facts are listed below:
– The Holy Quran took 23 year time period to be revealed completely.
– The Quran is the word of Allah, revealed on the last and final messenger of Allah, Muhammad (S.A.W).
With it, the foundations of Islam has been completed till the doomsday as Allah says in the Quran, ” This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you and chosen for you Islam as Your Religion”
– The Quran is exactly the same as it was 1400 years ago and is the exact form without any alternations. Moreover, Allah himself has promised to keep the Quran safe from all evils Till the Qiyamat.
Allah says, ” We have sent down the Quran and we will (assuredly) guard it from corruption”
– The Quran mentions the prophet (PBUH) 5 times. However, the most mentioned one is Musa (ع)
– The order in which the ayats are placed in the Quran is not the same as they were revealed. Such as the very first revelation were the five ayats of Surah Alaq:
Read in the name of your Lord who created. Created man out of a clot of congealed blood. Read your Lord is the most bountiful. Who thought the man with the pen. Taught man what he knew not.
This revelation, however, is placed in the 30 (th) part of the Quran.
Some well-known facts:
- The second Surat Of Quran known as Surah Al Baqarah is the longest one containing almost 220 verses.
- The shortest one is Surah Kausar containing 3 verses and is the 108 ayat of Quran.
- The Quran mentions revelations revealed to Hazrat Nuh, Hazrat Isa, Hazrat Adam and certain others. It also mentions books revealed to them.
More facts are listed below:
- The Surat’s of Quran are categorised as Maki And Madni Surahs. The Makan Surah’s are generally stronger in tone and lengthy.
- Moreover, they mention the non-Muslims along with hypocrites and Jews. Whereas Madni Surah’s are generally brief and polite in tone.
- The Quran encompasses a total of 114 Surah’s, with Surah Nas concluding the Devine revelation.
- The Quran confirms the absolute finality of Muhammad (SAW) as the last and final messenger of Allah.
- The Quran is pure from all Faults.
- It is eternal ( guidance for Muslims till the day of resurrection), the final and best source of guidance for the Muslims.
- The Quran describes conditions of people in the past ages when people were lost in the wilderness of polytheism and defines Muslims till the doomsday.
- It provides a vivid description of Heaven and Hell and those who will be bestowed with it as a result of the deeds, The Quran describes the conditions of hell as :
“…fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith” (2:24).
“…Enough is Hell for a burning fire. Those who reject Our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire… For Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise” (4:55-56).
“But he whose balance (of good deeds) is found to be light, will have his home in a (bottomless) Pit. And what will explain to you what this is? A Fire blazing fiercely!” (101:8-11).
And Heaven as :
“And give good tidings to those who believe and do righteous deeds that they will have gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow.
Whenever they are provided with a provision of fruit therefrom, they will say, ‘This is what we were provided with before.’ And it is given to them in likeness. And they will have therein purified spouses, and they will abide therein eternally.” (Q. 2:25)
- The Holy Quran mentions certain names of Allah Such as Al-Malik And ‘Rabb’ which means the cherisher of the provider:
He is God; besides Whom there is no god; the Sovereign, the Holy, the Peace-Giver, the Faith-Giver, the Overseer, the Almighty, the Omnipotent, the Overwhelming. Glory be to God, beyond what they associate.
059-023 هُوَ اللَّهُ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْمَلِكُ الْقُدُّوسُ السَّلاَمُ الْمُؤْمِنُ الْمُهَيْمِنُ الْعَزِيزُ الْجَبَّارُ الْمُتَكَبِّرُ ۚ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
He is God; the Creator, the Maker, the Designer. His are the Most Beautiful Names. Whatever is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him. He is the Majestic, the Wise.
- In addition, the Quran had made various prophecies from which a lot are fulfilled and yet will be till the doomsday as promised in the divine book.
- Many things which scientists have explained today are in the Quran ‘ explained 1400 years ago. Such as the sky protects the earth from radiations such as that from the sun, this aspect is defined in the Quran as:
- “We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!” (Quran 21:32).
- The word ‘Quran’ itself means recitation.
- It is said in the Quran that even if the teachings of all Prophets perished, yet still Quran as a book of guidance would not let people astray.
- The words ‘ Life ‘ and ‘Death ‘ both are mentioned 145 times. Similarly ‘Man ‘and ‘Woman’ are mentioned 24 times.
- There are certain abbreviated letters in Quran whose meaning is unknown but according to some traditions, toward the (Akhira), Allah will send down people familiar with their meanings. The phenomena are described in the Quran as:
“He is Who has sent down to thee the Book: in it are verses basic or fundamental clear (in meaning); they are the foundation of the Book; others are not entirely clear. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is not entirely clear.
Seeking discord and searching for its interpretation, but no one knows its true meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: “We believe in the whole of it is from our Lord:” and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding”.
- It is a way and path for the righteous believes and governs a believes life.
- The Quran has a moving spirit in it which attracts people. During the early years of prophethood, this moving force helped the Prophet (SAW) tell people about the correct path.
- Surah Tawbah of the Holy Quran has no Bismillah Al-Rehman Al-Rahim while Surah Namal( verse 27) has twice in its body.
- The most liked beverage in Quran is milk while most liked food in Quran is honey.