|Image showing snow-capped peaks in northern Pakistan.|
Pakistan is a country in South Asia with a population exceeding 212,742,631 people. It has a coastline along the Arabian Sea and Gulf of Oman in the South.
Pakistan covers an area of 881,913 km2 (340,509 sq mi), approximately equal to the combined land areas of France and the United Kingdom.
Pakistan has divided into three major geographic areas: the northern highlands, the Indus River plain, and the Balochistan Plateau.
In terms of the Northern Mountains, it possesses the world’s highest peaks. The Balochistan Plateau lies in the west and the Thar Desert in the East.
The 1609 km (1101 mi) Indus River and its tributaries flow through the country from the Kashmir region to the Arabian Sea.
There is an expanse of alluvial plains and terraces along with it in the Punjab and Sindh.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) was founded on 23 October 1946 as Orient Airways. The airline was nationalized on 10 January1955.
The airline has a world record for flying the fastest between London and Karachi. The airline achieved this feat in 1962 when they completed the flight in 6 hours, 43 minutes, 55 seconds, a record which remains unbroken to this day.
- Pakistan has a rare specie known as ‘BLIND DOLPHIN‘ which is the second most endangered species after the Yangtze River dolphin.
- The second largest and the oldest Salt-mine ia the khewra salt mine located in Pakistan.
- With 617,000 troops in the army, Pakistan is the 11 largest and one of the strongest and nuclearly advanced in the world currently.
- As for Pakistani dresses, you will find that Pakistani are very formal, and also respectful of the Islamic code.
Women’s clothes are also conservative, covering the skin and very loose.
Pakistani men are required to cover their bodies between the navel and the knee, so make sure your clothing covers these areas too.
- Pakistan’s Edhi Foundation proudly runs the world’s largest volunteer ambulance service, which is a record that has been held by Pakistan since 1997.
In 2005 the foundation donated $100,000 in aid for the relief efforts of Hurricane Katrina.
Started by the late Abdul Sattar Edhi as a single room shelter the foundation now operates over 300 centres throughout Pakistan.
- Located at Shandur Top is the highest polo ground at 3700 meters, where the traditional game of polo was started by Balti Prince Ali Sher Khan.
Held annually since 1936, the Shandur Polo Festival is a tournament between local teams that invite visitors to view the game along with shows of folk music, dance, and celebration.
The tournament is featured in the opening episode of the show The Himalayas with Michael Palin.
- Pakistan out of 125 countries is considered as the 4 most intelligent country in the world. It has a collection of seventh largest scientists and engineers.
- The breathtaking beauty and facts related to them cannot be neglected. Anso lake with a height of 16,490 feet is present in the kaghan valley.
Biafo Glacier, the world’s longest glacier system is also present in Pakistan.
- Saiful Muluk is the Mountainous lake located at the northern end of the Kaghan Valley, near the town of Naran.
It is one of the highest lakes in Pakistan at the height of 3224 meters. It is very special for tourists for its picturesque beauty.
- Pakistan missile technology is one of the best in the world. The country made a lot of missiles in a very little time since they became a nuclear power.
Their missiles are acknowledged as one of the best in the world.
- The Tarbela Dam is the largest Earth filled Dam in the world, located in the north of Pakistan. It is also a place that attracts thousands of tourists worldwide.
- Pakistan is a country, showered with blessings of God. It has all the seasons and hence has a massive variety of fruits as well.
Moreover the massive reserves of natural gas, oil and coal are there but unfortunately have not been discovered.
Pakistan is an agricultural country where the majority of its population is linked with agriculture-related business.
So, they also have the honour of being the largest producer and as well as the exporter of rice and cotton.
- Touching someone’s phone without his / her permission is considered wrong in Pakistan.
So the next time you visit be careful about that. However there is no punishment even if you do so, so chill.
- Pakistans Gwadar is the world’s largest seaport. Pakistan uses this for trading purposes with China.
- Benazir Bhutto was Pakistan’s first female prime minister and was the first female prime minister in any Muslim country.
- There are more than 50 universities in Pakistan that fulfil the standards of higher education.
- Pakistan is the 4 largest milk-producing nation. It easily fulfils local demands and then is exported to other countries.
- Pakistan has got the world’s highest ATM (automated teller machine).
The ATM is operated by the National Bank of Pakistan and is installed at a height of 16,007 feet above sea level, located at the Pak-China border—Khunjerab Pass.
- Pakistan’s national anthem has been ranked as one of the best anthems in the world.
- Although Pakistan is considered to be dangerous for tourists to be visited, it is to note that it is not even listed in the 25 countries with the highest crime rate. Some people yet may still consider it dangerous based upon the haunted places in Pakistan.
For more visit: